About the Position:
The Service Desk Engineer is responsible for providing first level technical support to the Client’s customers.
He/She will work closely with Desktop Engineer (Level 2), Service Desk Team Leads & Technical Support Engineers to achieve this purpose.
- Respond to the incoming enquiries/incident/request (call, e-mail etc.)
- Record and manage all issues in Service Management System.
- Perform 1st level trouble-shooting on desktop and basic systems/network issues.
- Escalate requests/issues to the appropriate resolver group according to SLA (Service level Agreement).
- Provide timely status update on issues escalated and to close tickets within SLA
- Ensure daily tasks are executed according to SOP (Standard Operation Procedure).
Job Requirement / Qualification
- Willing to perform 24×7, 12-hour shift.
- Minimum – 3 ‘O’ Levels with a Pass in English
- Sufficient support knowledge of common productivity tools, eg., Windows XP/Vista/7, MS Office & MS Exchange
- At least 1 year IT support experience preferably in the IT service desk environment. Candidates who do not meet the experience required will still be considered if they can demonstrate proficient technical skills.
- Customer-oriented, patient, meticulous and a strong team player.
- Is self motivated and pro-active in heading off problems. Strong & effective communication and interpersonal skills with desire to work as part of a team.