Major duties and responsibilities are listed below:
- Lead and manage a team of SAP Advanced Business Application Programming (ABAP) developers to develop/enhance a fully integrated enterprise system to meet the business needs within the stipulated timeframe.
- Responsible for ensuring the proposed solution is aligned with the overall architecture design.
- Work with the SAP developer to ensure optimal system design and development of the SAP functionality across the various system components.
- Responsible for complying with the program standards, processes and technical standards defined for the project.
- Responsible for the design and development of all integration points and interfaces between various SAP modules, any selected 3rd party software and other applications/systems.
- Perform the following key development activities:
Propose solutions to fulfil business requirements and recommend potential areas for streamlining.
Recommend and implement industry best practices to improve development processes.
Design, document and develop SAP programs according to functional specifications received and ensure the developed programs fulfil the business requirements.
Plan, identify, define and conduct unit testing to ensure the proposed solution fulfils the business requirements.
Provide technical support to the Functional Consultants during system integration and user acceptance testing, implementing code changes if required.
Conduct peer code reviews as specified according to project standards.
Ensure SAP programs developed pass the required vulnerability assessments and code quality inspections.
Plan and perform the cutover for the modules assigned.
Deliver all project documentations defined for the projects that minimally includes design specifications, program specifications and unit test plan.
Provide on-site support where necessary.
Troubleshoot any problems reported before and after implementation of solution.
- Ensure optimal system design and configuration of the SAP functionality.
- Ensure the quality of the deliverables.
- Participate in any quality assurance activities and resolve any risks or areas for improvement identified.
- Perform risk management which includes identification; provide mitigation solutions and management for risks.
- Participate in the change request process which includes performing impact assessment, development and testing.
- Responsible for the timely preparation and reporting of progress status updates to the Project Manager and other management.
- Responsible for managing and resolving all problems reported and service requests received during maintenance phase.