Major duties and responsibilities are listed below:
- To gather requirements, design, develop and implement integrated solution to meet business needs within the stipulated timeframe and allocated resources.
- Responsible to ensure the proposed solution is aligned with the overall architecture design.
- Responsible to conform and comply with the program standards, processes and SAP specific technical standards defined for the project.
- Responsible to design and implement all the integration points and interfaces between various SAP system components, any selected third party software and other applications/systems.
- Perform the following key activities :
- Run workshops; facilitate group discussions; perform gap fit analysis between business requirements and SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Propose solution to fulfil the business requirements and recommend potential areas for streamlining.
- Recommend industry best practices to users to improve the business processes.
- Document the business process flow using the tool identified for the project and ensure compliance of the rules and requirements.
- Configure SAP for the proposed solution.
- Design and document the specification for program development and ensure the developed program meet the user requirements.
- Plan, define and conduct Unit Test, System Integration Test, User Acceptance Test, Regression Test and other tests as required by Authority to ensure the proposed solution fulfil the business requirements.
- Collate information required for the authorization setup.
- Plan and define the data migration requirements as well as oversee the successful completion of the data migration activities to enable system implementation.
- Plan and prepare the training materials as well as to conduct the user training.
- Plan and perform the cutover activities and trials.
- Ensure programs developed pass the required vulnerability assessments and code quality inspection.
- Deliver all project documentations defined for the projects, for example, functional requirements, test cases/scripts, training materials, cutover task lists and data migration specifications, etc.
- Provide on-site support where necessary.
- Troubleshoot any problems reported before and after implementation of solution.
- Review and troubleshoot reported cases and work with the internal/external teams to develop solution that will ensure integrity of the system and meet the business needs within the stipulated timeframe.
- Responsible to perform impact assessment on change requests, design and present solution to users, perform configuration, test and implement the solution to meet requirements within the stipulated timeframe.
- Responsible to manage and resolve all problems reported and service requests received during the maintenance phase.
- Perform other ad-hoc activities such as testing of application due to change in operating environment as required by the Authority.
- Work together with the Authority, other contract staff, the Authority appointed Contractors and external interface teams such as MINDEF ES and GeBIZ to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ensure optimal system design and configuration of the SAP functionality.
- Ensure the quality of the deliverables.
- Participate in any quality assurance activities and resolve any risks or areas for improvement identified.
- Perform risk management which includes identification; provide mitigation solutions and management for risks.
- Responsible to provide progress status update to Solution Architect, Project Manager and other management which include preparation and presentation in meetings.
- Handle all issues and requests competently and professionally to the satisfaction of the customers within the resolution timeline.
PRE-REQUISITE FOR CANDIDATE(S)
- Pre-requisite for SAP Senior Consultants (Functional)
1.1 Education Qualification
- The candidate(s) should possess at least a Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Equivalent.
1.2 Required Competencies
- The table below shows the required SAP ERP knowledge of the proposed candidates.
SAP Senior Consultant (Functional)
SAP ERP Modules
A – Material Management (MM)
B – Material Management (MM)
C – Financial Accounting (FI) and Controlling (CO).
(Knowledge in Material Management (MM) is not mandatory but would be an
- Proposed candidates should have good knowledge in the integration between SAP ERP modules [e.g. between MM, Plant Maintenance (PM), FI, CO, Project System (PS)].
- Proposed candidates should have knowledge of Accelerated SAP (ASAP) methodology and toolsets.
- Ability to design, develop and articulate solutions based on strategic business or technical requirement.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, managing timelines and expectations, and producing high quality deliverables (documentation, presentations).
1.3 Required Working Experience
- Minimum 4 years functional configuration experience with at least 2 full cycle SAP implementation in the relevant modules.
- Minimum 2 years implementation experience of SAP interfaces to external Systems.