Major duties and responsibilities are listed below
- Responsible for the design and development of the technical solutions using SAP ABAP within the stipulated timeframe. The proposed solution must fit into the existing system architecture.
- Responsible for ensuring the proposed solution is aligned with the overall architecture design.
- Responsible for complying with the program standards, processes and technical standards defined for the project.
- Responsible for the design and development of all integration points and interfaces between various SAP modules, any selected 3rd party software and other applications/systems.
- Perform the following key development activities:
- Propose solutions to fulfil business requirements and recommend potential areas for streamlining.
- Recommend and implement industry best practices to improve development processes.
- Design, document and develop SAP programs according to functional specifications received and ensure the developed programs fulfil the business requirements.
- Plan, identify, define and conduct unit testing to ensure the proposed solution fulfils the business requirements.
- Provide technical support to the Functional Consultants during system integration and user acceptance testing, implementing code changes if required.
- Conduct peer code reviews as specified according to project standards.
- Ensure SAP programs developed pass the required vulnerability assessments and code quality inspections.
- Plan and perform the cutover for the modules assigned.
- Deliver all project documentations defined for the projects that minimally includes design specifications, program specifications and unit test plan.
- Provide on-site support where necessary.
- Troubleshoot any problems reported before and after implementation of solution.
- Ensure optimal system design and configuration of the SAP functionality.
- Ensure the quality of the deliverables.
- Participate in any quality assurance activities and resolve any risks or areas for improvement identified.
- Perform risk management which includes identification; provide mitigation solutions and management for risks.
- Participate in the change request process which includes performing impact assessment, development and testing.
- Responsible for the timely preparation and reporting of progress status updates to the Project Manager and other management.
- Responsible for managing and resolving all problems reported and service requests received during maintenance phase.
- Advanced programming knowledge in SAP Advanced Business Application Programming (ABAP) development, testing and solid knowledge of SAP overall.
- Appropriate business and computing qualifications and substantial knowledge on SAP programming.
- Knowledge in integration with other SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) modules is essential (Materials Management – MM, Financial Accounting – FI, Controlling – CO, Project System – PS, Sales and Distribution – SD, Human Capital Management – HCM).
- Knowledge of Accelerated SAP (ASAP) methodology and toolsets.
- Ability to design, develop and articulate solutions based on strategic business or technical requirements.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, manage timelines and expectations, and produce high quality deliverables (documentation, presentations and research).
- Demonstrate experience in designing, developing and managing the delivery of enterprise solutions to support business transformation objectives.
Required Working Experience
Minimum 3 years of SAP ABAP development experience with at least 2 years of development experience in SAP MM module.