SCOPE OF WORK
- Main duties and responsibilities of the successful candidates are to assist the Deputy Head/ Functional Leads on the maintenance and support of DES applications. This includes:
- Defect Management. Responsibilities include tracking of system defects reported by users; perform analysis and troubleshooting service to verify and confirm the cause of the problem; provide interim or workaround solutions when necessary to minimize disruption to operations; ensure prompt resolution to the defects reported and facilitate users in Problem Report (PR) testing.
- Service Request (SR) Management. Responsibilities include tracking and monitoring of SRs raised; assessment and implementation of SRs according to operating procedures, e.g. data patching requested by users.
- Change Request (CR) Management. Responsibilities include tracking and monitoring of CRs raised, conduct of impact assessment, design & implement solution and facilitate users in CR testing and conduct training when necessary.
- Operations Support. Responsibilities include monitoring and execution of scheduled events such as monthly jobs, financial year end activities, interface testing, support of audit-related activities, responding to calls/ emails from users about issues/ queries with regard to DES applications and provide on-site support when necessary; support scheduled events such as system down-time; investigate and resolve functional and/or performance related and/or integration issues.
- Prepare and submit monthly progress report on summary of the incidents raised and resolved, SR and CR status updates to the Deputy Head/ Functional Leads.
- Ensure the smooth operation of DES, including integration with other bolt-on applications, and interfaces with internal/ external interfaces so that the support is not disrupted during normal office working hours.
- Review and update the relevant documentation (inclusive of ARIS diagrams/ models) to reflect changes made to the system. Examples of documentation include the following:
Functional Design (FD) specification
Technical Design (TD) specification
Annex B – Page 13
- Pre-requisite for SAP Consultant (Functional) – Material Management (Procurement)
6.1 Education Qualification
The candidate should possess a Degree in Computer Science, Computing, Electrical Engineering or IT or equivalent.
6.2 Required Competencies and Working Experience
- Minimum 3 years functional configuration experience, covering at least 2 full cycle implementation of SAP Material Management-Procurement module.
- Minimum 2 years implementation experience of SAP Material Management Interfaces to external Sourcing Systems.
- Knowledge in integration with other SAP ERP modules (see Table 1 in Annex B) is essential.
- Knowledge of ASAP methodology and toolsets.
- The candidate shall be the point of contact with the Authority for all DES support related issues that minimally includes progress reporting, issue tracking, system patching.
- Ability to design, develop and articulate solutions based on strategic business or technical requirement.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, managing timelines and expectations, and producing high quality deliverables (documentation, presentations, research).
- Proven track record of customer management and possess excellent communication and soft skills.