The Data Center Operator assists in performing routine tasks associated with operating mainframe and non-mainframe (distributed environment) tasks in accordance with detailed instructions.
- Monitoring server console
- Mounting cartridges in cartridge libraries
- Maintaining software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance.
- Assist in transport backup cartridges and disks to offsite locations
- Monitor the security cameras
- Coordinate all works in the Data Center
- Troubleshoot and escalate on batch job failures and assist in fixing these problems
- Daily IT Operations tasks, e.g. shutdown of specified databases and application jobs, initiate backup etc.
- Data Center environmental monitoring, e.g. ensure the Air Con environment is in a healthy state
- Any other duties as assigned by management
- Recognized Diploma in Electrical / Electronic / Computer Engineering / Information Systems
- At least 3 years’ experience in Data Center Operation
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good customer service aptitude, and strong work ethic.
- May require to work on shift
- Basic knowledge of Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 operating system
- Basic knowledge of Unix and Linux operating system
- Basic knowledge on virtualization technologies (Vmware ESXi, Microsoft HyperV)
- Basic knowledge on network infrastructure
- Basic knowledge on batch jobs scheduling tools
- Self-driven and able to work independently