1.1 Major duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Tuning and troubleshooting Big Data Platform (BDA) and Data Ingestion Platform (DIP) to deliver optimal performance in high volume enterprise environments.
- Integrate BDP and DIP with third-party platforms or systems when required
- Work with third party system administrators or vendors to resolve integration issues and data flow issues
- Participate in key technical and design discussions with Authorities’ engineering and operations teams
- Document system management lessons learned and recommend adjustments for continuous improvement
- Monitor health of the platforms and Generate Performance Reports and Monitor and provide continuous improvements such as automating manual tasks to meet demanding ops needs
- Provide regular status reporting to management and other stakeholders on overall BDP and DIP system’s health, progress, issues, and technical risks
- Track and manage maintenance and support SLAs and KPIs of BDP and DIP and its sub-systems
- Support hardware refresh and hardening of systems
- Onboarding of new log sources and network flow data into DIP
- Develop log source extensions (custom regex parser) for custom log sources
- Research, assess, track and document system and application log fields and formats from cybersecurity and Enterprise IT systems forwarded to DIP.
- Support firmware and software update/upgrade
- Research, diagnose, debug, troubleshoot issues related to BDA and DIP.
- Perform documentation on the changes and automation works performed. Documentation includes the following:
i) System Design Documents
ii) System Interface and Specifications Documents
iii) Acceptance Test Documents
iv) User Manuals
1.2 Required Competencies
- Good planning and coordination skills.
- Strong writing, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Good team player, responsible and conscientious.
- Resourceful, independent, responsive and pro-active.
- Proficiency in Office productivities suites such as Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
1.3 Required Working Experience
- For BIA Data Integration Developer, at least 1 years of working experience in data warehouse implementation using ETL technology.
- Experience in project management / project coordination.